Sunday, March 6, 2011

Mohawk Power!! :)

My first year of Mohawk Power was amazing! We went to many basketball games and a hockey game. We played many pieces of music through out the season.  We played YMCA, Mason City Go, Iron Man, the imperial march, and my favorite You Can Call Me Al. The reason why my favorite song in Mohawk Power is You Can Call me Al is because it has a really nice beat to it and we played it for marching band season last year. So, it was cool to play it again this year. I have a lot of friends who are in Mohawk power and it makes it more fun.  My stand partner and I have become good friends.  One of my favorite places where we went was in the girls state tournament in Des Moines. Even though we lost, it was an awesome experience. My other favorite place where we went to was the hockey game. I never had been to a hockey game before so that was a cool experience. The cool part about Mohawk Power is that we get free t-shirts and we don’t have to pay to get into the game. The pep band makes the crowd more energetic and wants to make the get up and cheer.  We will usually meet an hour before the game starts and we will practice about forty-five minutes. After we practice, the band will walk to the gym and wait until the other game ends. When they are done, Mohawk power will play about 5-10 minutes than play the national anthem.  The pep band can either watch the game or hang out with their friends or family. When it’s forth quarter through the game we will play right away. Unless, if the dancers are dancing, or etc. After we play for 4th quarter, we can go home or stay for the game. Sometimes, we will play in the beginning of the boy’s game and we can leave. I am really glad I signed up for Mohawk power and I am excited for next year to play!

1 comment:

  1. I'm in band, but I've never signed up for Mohawk Power. It seems like it would be a fun thing to do. From what you blogged about, I think that Mohawk Power is a great thing the students at MCHS can be involved in.

    ReplyDelete