Saturday, January 29, 2011

Music


Everyone has a passion. Sometimes it can be sports, writing, reading, family, religion, or sometimes technology. My passion is music. I love to listen and participate in any type of music. I play the clarinet and every time I play the piece it brings me to a new world. If I am listening to a song the lyrics really move me. I may change my mood, or change as a person. I listen to music that suits my feelings. When I'm bored, music entertains me. It expresses my emotion. It’s the difference between sitting in a room, bored, or being on top of the world looking down on all the events happening and having music illustrate them for you. Having music is in your life is great because it can have a sense of sound that can describe you. Music is like a drug that can make you happy when you want, sad when you want, puzzled, mad, amazed, and basically every emotion there is whenever you want it to. While reading a piece of music makes me focus on the piece instead of being all stressed out thinking of 20 things at once.
 
I didn't really like to listen or play music when I was younger but when I started to play the clarinet and fell in love with it. I have been playing the clarinet for 5 years now and the more I play the more it becomes my passion. I may not be the best clarinetist but I won't quit because music is apart of my life. Sometimes I will play or listen to songs because I want to get rid of the silence. Other times I get ideas from it. If I want to create something, I could get ideas from the music, or maybe create a scene that fits the music. It cheers me up instantly and I will never get bored listening to it. I can be quiet, and shy sometimes but when I play the more I feel I am expressing myself and the music is talking for me. When I am having a difficult time in my life I will play or listen to music and music makes me feel like I am alive. Both of my band conductors always say, "You can get all the notes right but the more you do the dynamics the more you can be musical."

 

1 comment:

  1. i agree with you. i have known you for a long time and you have always been the quit type. but know in high school you came out of your shell and you talk to people more. music has always been part of me when i listen to it i just become myself. but great post :)

    ReplyDelete