Sunday, February 13, 2011

Friends around the world!

I have met a lot of people in other countries. I know people who live in Nigeria, Africa, and people who moved to china. I mostly met them from the exchange program. I met some people on facebook. I learned many life lessons from them and how their country is more different than ours.

One of my close friends is Debbie Ayuba. Debbie was an exchange student. She lives in Nigeria, Africa. Debbie and I met at church. I wasn’t really close to her at the beginning but we got really close on New Years! Her sponsor family was hosting a party and Debbie and I became friends in a minute. We had so much in common. Sometimes, I swear we are twins. Debbie respected people for who they were. I learned a lot by Debbie. If I need something or need someone to talk to she would be right there. When Debbie left back to Nigeria, we are still really close. Every now and than, I will call her and see how she is doing. Rarely, we will communicate on the Internet.

One of my other friends is Blessing Ibrahim. Blessing and I met on facebook and on gmail. Debbie introduced me to her. Blessing is another exchange student. She lives in Africa also. I talked to her on the phone a lot when she was in the United States. I met her in person once. I met her at Adventureland in Des Moines, Iowa, when the exchange students got together and spent their last day with there host families and friends. Blessing was really sweet, kind, and cool person. I wished I could spend more time hanging out with her.
                  (Left to Right: Me, Debbie, Blessing, and one of Blessing friend)

Janet Markus is one of my other friends. We also met on the Internet. Blessing and Debbie introduced Janet to me.  Janet and I still communicate on the Internet. She lived in Africa too but she moved to China a couple months ago. Janet is really nice, and a sweet girl. Janet and I have a lot in common too. Janet and I both enjoy basketball. We never met in person yet but hopefully one day we will.
I learned a lot of things from Debbie, Blessing, and Janet. Mostly one thing I learned from them was to keep on having fun and don’t let anyone ruin it. The other thing I learned from them is sometimes we take things for granted and don’t realize it. I am very grateful for having them in my life.

3 comments:

  1. Alysha it is so cool how you have met new friends from around the world. You probably teached them alot about America and I bet you learned alot about Nigeria, Africa. Ihope you learned alot.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's very cool that you are able to meet people from all around the world. Meeting people from other countries is a great way to learn too. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alysha, I think it's awesome that you know and are friends with people from different countries. I think the student exchange program is a great way for people to learn about different cultures. My boyfriend's family is Tim Scwhipple's host family and I have definitely learned a lot of new things from him. I'm glad you learned a lot from your friends!

    ReplyDelete